Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A period of calm settles on us

Well, we've had a few quiet days in a row here now. A social worker from the jail called, and asked some questions about the one daughter's history, I told her what I could, but she hasn't lived with us in quite a long time. At least she's safe. The other daughter is somewhat settled at the moment, as well. Still a tinder keg searching for a spark, but we're wearing our kid gloves walking on eggshells until she is more settled. With my new medication regime, my back pain is more tolerable now. I'm scheduled for a spinal block the end of October. I had one last year to ease the sciatica pain, so I'm looking forward to it. I hope it helps. I will just need to remember to monitor my activities and remember not to lift things heavier than my five pounds limit. I'm working on some gifts for yule/christmas now. Started a pair of socks for one present, and watching for sales to pick up some gifts for the grandkids. Twelve of them make for a bit of expense if I wait too long to start. My kidlette will be 16 in just a few days. I'm thrilled with the young woman she's growing into, but still miss that sweet little baby she used to be. She's talking about getting a job and her permit. Hopefully, we'll be retiring our parenting hats in a few years. I'm looking forward to being just a grandma. We had the most wonderful Mabon celebration this past Saturday. A discussion of kitchen witchery and then a thanksgiving and bonding ritual for our coven. We made a brew of spices, oranges, sweet cider, and pomegranates. We all had a hand in the preparation, and, after making an offering of it to the god and goddess, we toasted and drank to our high priestess and high priest, then to each coven member in turn. It was a beautiful ritual. Well, happy fall to all, may the final season of the year bring bounty and prosperity to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment