Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ahh, Summer!

What a bittersweet day, the first day of summer. Today is the longest of the year, I love the sun. But, this is also the beginning of the shortening days, speeding us back to winter with the cold and the dark. Instead of looking at the dark coming, I choose to revel in the beauty around me, to embrace the warmth, relax in the sun. Soon my grandson will be moving in with us, to join my daughter and granddaughter that have been here since last May. I love seeing the kids, but I get tired, desperate for alone time, quiet. It also means that it gets much more difficult for me to carve out time for my personal devotions and rituals.

Speaking of that, I need to go mow the lawn. I actually do a little light meditation during that time, singing devotional songs to the Goddess as I circle around the lawn, sending my intentions and requests for protection of this property off to the universe as I spiral around.

No comments:

Post a Comment