Friday, April 8, 2016

Time flies

Soooo much has happened since last October.  I have a new love in my life, he's the most incredible male I've every met.  Every thing he does makes my heart swell with love.  He is my great grandson.  I feel so very honored to have this little one in my life.  He is almost 4 1/2 months old now.  He has an incredible smile, he is always jabbering away, he even talks in his sleep.  My granddaughter is an amazing mother.  She worried at times that she would be like her own mother, unable to be the parent this little boy needs.  She is a single parent, since her husband decided he didn't want to be married about 2 weeks before my little love was born.  She has been amazingly strong and has met every challenge with aplomb.  I am so very proud of her.

My physical issues continue, though.  My left knee has become incredibly painful.  When I went to the ortho, the xrays showed that the cartilage is completely gone, it is bone on bone.  At least I can move around enough to take care of the baby when my grand daughter is at work or appointments.  What is being neglected is housework.  Since I can't get down on the floor anymore, the clutter is accumulating.  This, too, will pass, somehow.

My father is back in the nursing home.  He developed a lesion on the stump that became infected.  He will be there until it heals and he can get back up on the prosthesis again.  Nursing home/rehab centers aren't really set up to promote healing.  The doctor took him off his short acting insulin, which he has been on for more than 30 years, and upped the long acting insulin, which has never been sufficient.  It set healing back about 6 weeks because his blood glucose was staying in the high 200s peaking at around 390.  Once we got them to start the short acting back up, he's staying between 100 to 160 consistently and the wound has finally started healing again.

My grand daughter's mother decided to move back into our little town.  She is not using crack right now, but is still smoking pot and demanding that others help her whenever she needs help.  She is a force of nature.  I have told her over and over that she needs to grow up and take care of things herself, start behaving like an adult, she is almost 37 now, but she doesn't understand and will not go to therapy or rehab.  My husband jumps when she calls, but I won't.  I told her from the beginning that I had too much on my plate to add more simply because she moved here

Well, this has gone in a different trajectory than I expected when I started.  I will have to make it a point to get back here soon and post more of the positive things that are happening.  There are a lot of good things in my life, and I am content overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment