Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Great things in store for us

Well, remember the last post, where I asked that things please settle down?  The universe laughed.  My kidlette recently told me she is expecting.  That's right.  Early December, shortly after my 55th birthday, my first GREAT grandbaby will be born.  You read that right.  I will be 55 in October and my oldest grand daughter will be having her first baby in early December.  This child will have 4 grandmothers, 2 grandfathers, 4 great grandmothers, 3 great grandfathers, 4 great great grandmothers and 2 great great grandfathers, if I counted right.  It's conceivable that my mother could be a great great great grandmother, if this child has a child by it's early 20's.  My mother is only 74, with a family history of most of her ancestors living well into their late 90's.

Wow.  It's so hard to wrap my brain around.  I know many people my age who have teen age children.  Still, I have no doubts about her ability to parent.  She is pretty mature, since finding out, even before she told us, she did research to find out what she needed to do to ensure the baby the healthiest possible start.  She even researched her prescription meds to find out which ones she should stop taking.  She has been being careful to only eat things that are healthy, getting plenty of sleep, and making plans.  She is doing awesome.  Her fiance is also very excited.  It never entered his head to run.  We had a talk today about starting my kidlette on his insurance in July.


Still, I'm going to be a freaking GREAT grandma!  How the heck did I get old enough for this to happen????

Well, hubby still hasn't found a job for sure yet.  He passed on the other job offer because it was too much of a pay cut, and then with no insurance it was just not going to work.  He's interviewed at another local company, and they want him back for another round  We don't know about benefits or salary yet, have to wait till they make an offer.  So we will keep on keeping on, life continues, the world keeps turning.  Hope to see you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment