Sunday, May 16, 2010

Slogging through my day to day existence, seeing bursts of bright color among the dull, dishwater gray of daily life. I was able to get together with a close group of friends yesterday. I look forward to these gatherings so much. One place to truly be myself, knowing I am unconditionally loved and accepted. There is something so uplifting in walking into a room and seeing people smile because they are glad to see you.

At home, I am Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Chief cook and clothes washer. I feel like the titles became who I am. Somedays I feel so much a part of the household structure, I feel like I should change slipcovers, not clothing. So little appreciation or affection expressed. Makes me want to stop and look at my own behavior. Am I expressing my love and appreciation of my family? Do I offer compliments and praise for the completion of expectations, spoken or unspoken? I think maybe I need to watch my own behavior, make sure I am really treating others the way I would like to be treated.

No comments:

Post a Comment